School Delays and Closures
Most days students will likely receive instruction like normal. In the event of adverse weather or an emergency, there may be a two hour late start as outlined in school bell schedules. Bell schedules may be found here. If severe enough, students would receive remote instruction rather than coming to campus, similar to an AIS day. Please remember, all students, K - 12 should take their district issued devices to school and home daily to ensure they are prepared for changes to scheduling.
Every reasonable effort will be made to maintain normal operations, but decision to make any scheduling changes for the day will be determined by 6:00 AM and announced by 6:30 AM. Decisions are based on the ability to safely transport students to school and input from other districts. If weather and road conditions are predicted to improve, a two-hour delay will be announced and will NOT be a remote learning day.
If the District opts to switch to a remote learning day, the announcement will be made that in-person school is canceled for the day. No changes will occur on these days for students enrolled in Continuous Remote Instruction, or for students who were already scheduled for an AIS day.
- Standard instructional day. No announcement will be made.
- Late Start. Announcement will be made. Students scheduled to attend class on campus will follow the late start schedule for the day.
- Remote Instruction. Announcement will be made. Treated like an AIS day. Students will log in to their usually scheduled classes for the day. Teachers will provide students with instructions and plans for the day so that they may participate in remote learning through Canvas or Seesaw.
- Make sure your contact information on record is up-to-date.
- When a campus closure or a delay is to occur, an automated call to numbers on record will be made.
- Follow the district on social media for timely updates. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter.
- The most detailed information will be on the warden.wednet.edu homepage as well as local news outlets.
- A brief pop-up banner will be used on the websites.
- Brief information will be displayed on the electronic reader board, visible while entering campus at the main entrance.
In the event of a late start, Transportation Services will be delayed two hours including student pick-up and meal delivery.
The concession stand will open regular time 10:00-12:00, Monday - Friday for in-city students on days with a late start. Meal delivery to students in rural areas will also be delivered two hours late. On days transitioning to Remote Instruction, meals will be delivered to students in rural areas and otherwise distributed from the concession stand.
- KPQ, 560 AM
- KULE, 730 AM
- KWIQ, 1020 AM
- KBSN, 1470 AM
- KULE, 95.9 FM (EN)
- KZML, 95.9 FM (ES)
- KRCW 96.3 FM (ES)
- KWWW, 96.7 FM (EN)
- KDRM, 99.3 FM (EN)
- KWIQ, 100.3 FM (EN)
- LWLN, 103.3 FM (ES)