WSD REOPENING INFORMATION - Please scroll through the page for updates
13 days ago
WSD Another Start of Survey Results
by Jeff Kottong
7/27/2020 - Please download this link to view the results of the latest survey of our parents and community concerning questions about the start of school. Parent and students answered all the questions and the staff and community answered only the last question #7. Thank you for all the responded. We appreciate your input as we continue planning for the fall.
Community COVID-19 Information
by Kimberly Hansen, District Nurse
7/24/2020 - Greetings Warden Community,
The Warden School District is working closely with the Grant County Health Department in our planning of the 2020-21 school year. The COVID-19 infection rate in our county and the City of Warden has increased dramatically in the last 2 weeks. Everyone wants to see our students and staff back in school buildings this fall, at least in some capacity. In order to achieve this the health department has asked our community to work together and individually do our part to help decrease the spread.
Please continue to:
- Wear a face covering and social distance while out of the house
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol, if soap and water are not available
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Limit your contact with people outside of your household (avoid parties, BBQ’s etc.)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Stay home when you are sick
- If you have COVID-19 symptoms contact your doctor, to possibly get tested
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
Additional survey questions for parents, students and community
7/17/2020 - The Warden School District has an additional short survey, targeted for parents and students, concerning some questions about the reopening of school. Please click here to access the survey. The survey will be open through July 22.
Warden School District School Reopening Update
7/17/2020 - The Warden School District administrative team has been working for the past several weeks in preparing a state mandated school reopening plan for the district. Using input from our community survey, different stakeholder groups, guidance from the WA State Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI), WA State Department of Health (DOH), WA State Department of Labor and Industries (L&I), our Educational Service District (NCESD) and the Grant County Health District (GCHD), staff have been discussing and planning for a scheduled September reopening of school.
The goal of the Warden School District and our understanding of the OSPI guidance is that the most equitable opportunity in education success relies upon the comprehensive supports that our staff supplies to students in a face-to-face learning environment. This being stated, the health, safety and wellness of our students, staff and community are of utmost importance. We are working to develop plans that allow for as much face to face contact with students within the guidance and requirements of our governing bodies and resources available to us. We will follow all Department of Health guidelines for physical health, planning for having systems in place to support relationships and emotional well being of students. We are embracing a one-to-one instructional model to have a computer for each student to enhance their instructional opportunities.
The district has been discussing school day planning; safety and health protocols; full-day, hybrid and virtual schedules; educational requirements and offerings; professional development and training; and meal and transportation needs as per OSPI and Health department guidelines.
Our focus for planning is summarized in the following four areas:
- SAFETY AND HEALTH
- TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATIONS
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT / TRAINING
We are providing this webpage block to regularly update plans, questions, information and guidance as we move closer to the scheduled start of school on September 2nd. We plan for having weekly updates, please check back regularly.
Local, state and national resources - weblinks
- WA Office of Superintendent of Public Instruction (OSPI) - added 7/17/2020
- Washington State Department of Health - added 7/17/2020
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - added 7/17/2020
- WA State Coronavirus Response (COVID-19) - added 7/17/2020
- World Health Organization - added 7/17/2020
- Grant County Health District - COVID-19 Updates - added 7/17/2020
- Cloth Face Coverings for Children During COVID-19 - added 7/17/2020
Additional Resources - downloads
- Warden School District Another Start of School Survey Results - added 7/24/2020
- Reopening Washington Schools 2020: District Planning Guide (OSPI) - added 7/17/2020
- Q&A for School Districts on Reopening Schools Guidance (OSPI) - added 7/17/2020
- Behavioral Health Impacts & Ways to Prepare for the Return to School - added 7/17/2020
- Warden School District 2020-21 Planning Survey Results - added 7/17/2020
SAFETY AND HEALTH
check back for updates
check back for updates
TECHNOLOGY AND COMMUNICATION -
COMMUNICATION – The district has purchased a multi-platform communication tool for parents and students. The product is called ParentSquare and has the ability to provide phone calls, email, text messages or app notifications between the district and families. Users can select one main communication method, but receive any or all of them also. We will be setting up ParentSquare in August. Here is a link to their website.
One of the main features of the software is the ability to translate communications between parties into a language of the user’s choice. For instance, a teacher can send a message to a parent in English, but the parent can choose to receive the message in Spanish. If the parent chooses, they can reply in Spanish and the teacher will receive the message in English. We really hope this will help communication struggles this spring between all parties.
The platform has some additional feature sets which we will evaluate and make available as needed.
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT / TRAINING
check back for updates