Warden School District strives to recognize, support, and encourage the unique needs of highly capable students and to provide challenging and invigorating curriculum and opportunities.
- Capacity to learn with unusual depth of understanding, to retain what has been learned, and to transfer learning to new situations;
- Capacity and willingness to deal with increasing levels of abstraction and complexity earlier than their chronological peers;
- Creative ability to make unusual connections among ideas and concepts;
- Ability to learn quickly in their area(s) of intellectual strength; and
- Capacity for intense concentration and/or focus
1st Grade - 8th Grade
9th Grade - 12th Grade
STEAM Enhancement Program
Students can self-select any of the following
Honors Option: See Course Catalog
Advanced Placement Courses: See Course Catalog
College in the High School: See Course Catalog
Running Start Program: Participating colleges and
universities (11th & 12th grade students).
Advanced Level Mathematics: Above grade level mathematics classes are offered to
students who meet eligibility criteria for the specific class
Cluster Grouping: Highly capable students of the same grade level are assigned to a single classroom with a teacher who has specialized training in how to teach highly capable students. Students who are not receiving highly capable services are also assigned to the same classroom.
A condition or circumstance believed to have caused a misinterpretation of the testing results.
An inequitable application of the identification process.
An extraordinary and temporary circumstance that negatively affected the validity of the test results.
Confidentiality is maintained during all steps of the process. If you have a question about this process, please contact the Director of Support Services at (509) 349-2366 ext. 1440.